The residents of a rental home in Wenatchee were able to extinguish a fire before it could cause significant damage. Wenatchee and Chelan County Fire District One crews were dispatched to the 16 hundred block of South Wenatchee Avenue a little before 10-45 Saturday night. Wenatchee firefighters says fortunately the fire, which caused some damage to the attic of the single story home, tripped the breaker. When the couple went to investigate they smelled smoke in the kitchen and were able to use a fire extinguisher to knock down the blaze. The home did not have a working smoke detector. There were no injuries and the cause of the fire was not immediately known.