Space Heater Likely to Blame for Dryden Trailer Blaze

Courtesy Chelan County Fire District 6

Chelan County Fire District 6 responded to a structure fire near Dryden Wednesday night. The fire could be seen from the highway, and by the time firefighters arrived at the scene the flames had already melted the trailer’s roof.

Chelan Fire District 6 Chief Phil Moser said the fire’s cause is thought to be electrical, with a space heater the likely culprit.

“If your furnace or your primary source of heat isn’t keeping up, people do tend to add supplemental heat and heaters.” explained Moser, “Depending on (the space heater’s) age, depending on the type of chord that you use, those can all fail very easily when heaters are working as hard as most of them probably are this time of year with the cold we’ve been having.”

Many fires this time of year are started by space heaters. There were no injuries and the occupant was not home at the time of the blaze.

Be the first to comment on "Space Heater Likely to Blame for Dryden Trailer Blaze"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*